In celebration of Black History Month, we’re naming podcasts by black creators worthy of your time and attention.
You’re bound to find several to subscribe to in the following list of 17 podcasts hosted or cohosted by black women.
And be sure to check out our list of 10 Money Podcasts by Black Men as well.
Podcasts making an impact
1. Black Girl Creative
Hosted by multi-talented Alecia Renece, Black Girl Creative believes we are all born with creativity and imagination, but we sometimes (often) forget we are.
Through the podcast, she helps you reconnect with yours. You’ll find interviews, motivational talks, enriching conversations, and a community at Black Girl Creative.
“Our mission here at Black Girl Creative is to help you to recover and reclaim your dreams, and to empower you to continue to create, dream more and carry them out.”
2. Black Girl Fly: Embrace Purpose + Build Wealth
Two sisters, Tenisha and Tashaunda, host The Black Girl Fly Podcast. They are “podcasters, authors, serial entrepreneurs and investors who’ve spent their whole lives exploring what it means to live life to the fullest.”
In their podcast, they explore the real life struggles they and other women of color experienced on their journeys to achieving financial independence and building generational wealth.
“We’re on a mission to redefine wealth and change the world.”
3. Blessed + Bossed Up
The Blessed + Bossed Up Podcast (BBU) is a long running weekly podcast hosted by Tatum Temia, an entrepreneur, author, and devoted Christian.
BBU strives to help women be uncompromising in their faith and businesses, stressing the importance of God as your CEO in life successes.
Blessed + Bossed Up is “A community for women who: Don’t play about their faith or business.
4. Bold Black Girls
The BOLD Black Girls Podcast is brought to you by cohosts Aries Webb-Williams and Kimberly Tims. Through their own stories and conversations with others, they “tell it like it is.”
“BOLD Black Girls is a Podcast by and for Black women, and those that support the equity, inclusion, and advancement of Black women.”
(B)uilding a community of support
(O)rganizing safe spaces for courageous conversations
5. Girl CEO Podcast
Ronne Brown, a branding expert, professional speaker, author, mentor, wife, and mother,
hosts the weekly Girl CEO Podcast.
It’s aimed at entrepreneurial women interested in learning, growing, and most importantly, playing on their journeys to success.
“Girl CEO is the playground for female entrepreneurs.”
6. The Purpose of Money Podcast
Host of The Purpose of Money Podcast, Acquania Escarne, is a financial coach, freelance writer, and public speaker. The podcast and accompanying blog share stories and financial information to teach Women of Color about saving, investing, building wealth, and more.
Guests of the podcast are other female entrepreneurs and working women who are building wealth and finding more freedom in their lives.
“I’m committed to helping people find financial freedom and build generational wealth.”
Well know superstars
7. Brown Ambition – with Mandi Woodruff and Tiffany “The Budgetnista” Aliche, helping you “unapologetically build wealth by saving, investing and making smart career choices — on your own terms!”
8. Journey to Launch – with Jamila Souffrant, exploring “all aspects of reaching Financial Freedom; from increasing income, becoming tax efficient, paying off debt, investing, saving & learning how to retire early and wealthy.”
9. Money Talk with Tiff – with Tiffany Grant, giving you “straight talk on all things money” with practical tips and tricks, and an inside look at the daily strategies she uses.
10. Redefining Wealth – with Patrice Washington, sharing “solo insights or enlightening guest interviews that influence the masses to live their life’s purpose, find fulfillment and earn more without chasing money.”
11. Side Hustle Pro – with Nicaila Matthews Okome, spotlighting “bold black women entrepreneurs who have scaled from side hustle to profitable business.”
12. The Clever Girl Knows Podcast – with Bola Sokunbi, engaging in “open and honest conversations with real women at different stages of their financial and life journeys to inspire and motivate other women on their own journeys.”
13. The Courtney Sanders Podcast – formally The Think and Grow Chick Podcast, shares personal stories and guest experiences touching on “entrepreneurship, lifestyle, finances, personal growth, and spirituality.”
14. Rich by Intention – with Anjie and her husband, RJ, inspiring you to “manage money, marriage, and career with intention” by sharing stories of successful, ambitious people and couples.
15. Rich & Regular – with Kiersten Saunders and her husband, Julien, not just giving out the tips and tricks but also diving “deeper into the concepts behind wise money management.”
16. His & Her Money Show – with Tai McNeely and her husband, Talaat, equipping you to “find the balance between managing your money, your marriage and everything in between.”
17. Black Married & Debt Free – with Shyra and her husband, Marques, sharing their wealth building journey and stories of others successful at investing, real estate, early retirement, and more. “We just do it with a little more swag than most!”
There’s something for everyone on this list of podcasts. We hope you’ve found a few to check out.
Let us know if we’ve missed your favorite!