That’s Not Your Problem and Know Your Worth ft. Crystal V. Thomas – PB176
Rich’s long-time friend Crystal V. Thomas joins him in this episode of the podcast. Crystal’s a brand marketing professional with over 10 years of international experience driving brand innovation and operational excellence, crafting memorable guest experiences, creating global brand marketing campaigns, and executing branded events and partnerships.
She’s a passion-led seeker of all things awesome, craver and creator of unforgettable travel moments, and, more personally, a lifestyle and culture enthusiast obsessed with TV, singing, and Oprah.
Listen to their discussion on the importance of using your network to help you make a career change, having an abundance mindset with your friends, family, and money, the correct way to negotiate a job offer, why you have to be intentional with how you want to create your life’s story, and much more.
“Know what you’re ready to accept and know what you’re ready to walk away from.” – Crystal V. Thomas
In This Episode of Paychecks and Balances:
- How Crystal transitioned from hospitality to tech, then back to hospitality
- The decimation of the travel industry because of COVID
- Using the pandemic to do deep inner work
- The benefits of discussing salary with friends and family
- Knowing the basis from which you can negotiate and how to win
- Lifting your community by being transparent with your income
- Why you should start your 401k contributions early on in your career
- Approaching life with an abundance mindset rather than a scarcity mindset
- How to use your network to help you make a career change
- How journaling can help you get clarity on what you want
- Tips for negotiating salary and benefits packages