Patrice Washington is an award-winning author, transformational speaker, hope-restoring coach, and media personality committed to redefining the term wealth using its original meaning of well-being.
Patrice got her start as your favorite personal finance expert, ‘America’s Money Maven,’ but has since expanded her brand and mission to encourage people to chase purpose, not money.
In 2020, Success Magazine named Patrice one of their 12 Inspiring Black Voices in Personal Development, and 2021 sees the release of her fifth book.
Patrice joins Rich for the second time on P&B to discuss why she’s moved beyond pure personal finance and into encouraging others to embrace wealth in all areas of their lives holistically. She shares why she decided that 2021 was the right year to release her book, Redefining Wealth for Yourself, and outlines the six core pillars of wealth that she encourages her readers to explore and balance.
Patrice also shares her wisdom on activating abundance and fostering an abundance mindset rather than a poverty mindset
“Sometimes we need public accountability, we need to say things out loud, and just call a thing, a thing, put a name to it, so that we can really get the support and the love — oftentimes when we tell our stories, it is the very permission that someone else needs to tell their story or to own some part of their narrative, their truth, and not allow it to be weaponized.” – Patrice Washington
In This Episode of Paychecks and Balances:
- The amazing community Patrice has built through her podcast Redefining Wealth and the type of content she shares with her’ purpose chasers’ from all over the world
- Why it is essential to look for 365 degrees of accountability – how to get accountability and why you need to focus on the next thing rather than the next big thing
- Why you don’t have to be a perfect 10 to share something that will be valuable to others and share the lessons you’ve gleaned from your experience and find the purpose in all parts of your journey
- The story behind why Patrice has expanded her purpose to encompass a more holistic approach to wealth than just finances
- The difference between walking the walk, talking the talk but not necessarily spending everything you have keeping up appearances
- The mission behind Redefine Wealth for Yourself and how Patrice hopes to empower women to understand that the true definition of wealth is the condition of well being